Sunday, November 22, 2009

Picture Naming

"Naming your pictures is a very risky move, as viewers tend to read the title, and try to perceive your photo based on that title instead of admiring the picture by itself, mostly creating a confusion of message instead of what the photographer originally intended."

(Mr. Muhammad Jafni Jusof, Photography Assistant Lecturer of Multimedia University Cyberjaya, 2009 )


I receive this comment instantaneously when Mr.Jafni saw my photos for the first time in digital format during the time i consulted him in his room with my pendrive. I realized immediately from the eye of a trained photographer, it is very easy to counter the message intended from a particular photo.

Hence starting from today until many years after i will refrain myself from giving....no ..branding my pictures with titles that may only distract the viewers, until the day where i see myself as a full fledged photographer of Mr,Jafni's standards then only i'll think otherwise.

CHOWIE PEOPLE >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment